Check if you need to install the driver.
- Connect your Lap Counter to the USB port of your PC with the USB cable
- Right click on the Start Menu and click Device Manager
If the CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller, is classified as Other Devices and has a yellow warning mark (as shown in the picture) the driver installation is required. Otherwise you can skip the following step.
- Navigate the following link
- Download the file CP210x Universal Windows Driver
- Unzip the file
- In Device Manager right click on CP210x Universal Windows Driver and select Update driver
- Click Browse my computer for driver
- Click Browse for the unzipped driver folder, click OK then Next.
- The driver is successfully instelled, the CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller is classified as Ports (COM & LPT) and yellow warning disappeared.